A classic Indian breakfast using leftover idlis. With few spices you can make this dish. You can make Lot of variations. Same recipe can be incorporated to do rice upma( thalicha sadam) using leftover rice too. If you have time you can add in some veggies. This is a simple dish. When you want to have a something easy to digest you can have this. when I am really bored of having chutneys I make this dish.
1. Leftover idlis- 3
2. Onion -1 medium size finally chopped
3.Curry leaves – 6 leaves
4.Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
5. Urad dal- 1 tsp
6.whole Red chilli -2
7. Oil and salt as needed
8. Cilantro as needed finely chopped
9. Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
10. Hing -1/2tsp
1. To begin making , crumble the idlis with some salt and turmeric powder.
2. In a preheated pan, add in some oil , let the oil become hot then add mustard seeds. After it start to splatter add in urad dal with red chilli.
3. Now goes finely chopped onions. Cook until it’s soft. Then add curry leaves. After a stir add Salt, turmeric powder and hing.
4. Then add crumbled idlis and give it a mix. In a medium to low flame cover it and cook for a good 5 minutes.
5. Finally spread some finely chopped cilantro. Server it hot😊