Healthy and tasty dishes are always on top of my favorite list. This is delish and can be served in a breakfast or dinner plate. A mild recipe with a very few added ingredients. All you need to do is soak the dal and rice for half an hour. That’s it. Then you can do this kichadi in a jiffy.Let’s look at the ingredient and direction to prepare this yummy and mouth melting Palak Moong Kichadi
- Split Green Moong Dal -1/2 Cup
- Rice – 1/2 Cup
- Spinach/Palak- 1 cup washed and roughly chopped
- Onion – 1/2 roughly chopped
- Tomato – 1 roughly chopped
- Green chili – 1
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seed – 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili – 1
- Ginger -1 inch (Grated)
- Garlic – 3-4 pods
- Water and oil as needed
- Curry leaves and cilantro for garnishing
- Soak rice and dal in water for half an hour.To begin making, In a medium heated pressure cooker add in some oil,when the oil become hot,add cumin,mustard seed. Let it crackle.
- Now its time to add red chili,green chili,some curry leaves,hing,ginger and garlic. Cook it for few mins.Then add onion and tomato.Saute it and add spinach. Cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Then add the rice and dal. For 1 cup of dal and rice add 4 cups of water.
- Then with the added water add a tsp of ghee and needed salt. Mix it all together and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Let the pressure release.Then season it with some freshly chopped cilantro.
- Serve it hot with papad and curd.