The most popular south Indian Breakfast and Dinner recipe and also i want to mention it as a quickie dish. Easy,Fast and healthy dish. Adding colorful veggies makes this dish even more interesting. Vermicelli is so flexible, that you can show variety in it. I make Masala vermicelli, Egg drop Vermicelli, Chicken Vermicelli, Veggies Vermicelli. Also we can use it in Payasam 😉 With a slight difference in Ingredient we can show variation in this dish. I usually get Roasted Vermicelli at Indian store, which make the dish even more easier.
- Roasted Vermicelli – 2 Cups
- Onion – 1/2 Roughly Chopped
- Tomato – 1/2 Roughly Chopped
- Green/Red Capsicum – 1/2 Cubed
- Carrot – 1 Diced
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Corn – 1/4 Cup
- Green chili – 1 small Finely Chopped
- Hing – A Pinch
- Turmeric powder – A pinch (Optional)
- Water – 1 Cup
- Salt And Oil As needed
- To start making Vermicelli Upma, in a preheated pan add in needed oil.When the oil is hot, add onion,tomato and green chili and cook it until everything is well cooked. Add Hing.
- Now start adding veggies one next to other and cook it for a good 5-7 mins. Add roasted vermicelli and give it a mix. Let the veggies and vermicelli well combine together.
- Add a cup of water, simmer it and cook it until the vermicelli and the veggies are well cooked
- Serve it with pickle or coconut chutney.