After posting a simple and spice side dish, i am wondering what next ?. Here comes wheat dhosa. This dish goes well with garlic podi, sambar or even kara kolambu. Making batter for wheat dhosa is quite simple. A healthy and tasty dish :-). In a lazy day, kneading dough for chapati is bit hard. Yes, do not need to slog. Just in a jiffy this wheat Dhosa can be made.You can even add some veggies in the batter and make wheat idli also. But i prefer to have crispy wheat dhosa 😉 .Rava adds up to the crispness. If you don’t want to add rava you can swap it with rice flour.
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Rava -4 tsp
- Water – 2 generous cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil -1 tsp
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Urad dal -1 tsp
- Red chili -2 nos
- Curry leaves – 5-7
- In a wide bowl add in wheat flour, Rava with some salt and add in water. Mix it well until it turns into a bit watery batter (like Rava Dhosa consistency).You can adjust water accordingly.
- Now in a pre heated kadai or in a seasoning pan, add oil. Let the oil get heated up, now add mustard seeds, let it crackle, then add in urad dal,curry leaves and red chili.
- Add the seasoning to your batter.Mix it well.
- When the Dhosa tawa is hot, pour the batter evenly, do not try to spread like the regular dhosa. Just pour it evenly. Add little oil towards the edges.
- Once done, flip the dhosa and cook on the other side.Serve it with podi 🙂