Pav bhaji, one of the most popular street food of India. Love to have it with Pav or even bread toasted with butter. Bhaji made with the mixture of mashed veggies and some Indian spices will make a magic in your plate. We usually prefer to have it for dinner .Adding butter in the dish, adds up to it’s taste. So let us forget about our diet and dive in to see my version of Bhaji.Of course my next post is going to Pav. yes !! It is home made Pav :)Super excited to post that too 🙂
- Onion – 1 medium size( Finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium size (Finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/2 (Finely chopped )
- Cabbage – 1 cup (Roughly chopped)
- Carrot – 2 diced
- Potato – 2 peeled and diced
- Beans – 1 cup
- Cauliflower – 1 Cup
- Ginger : 1 tsp (Grated)
- Oil -2 tsp
- Butter -4 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Garam Masala -1 tsp
- PavBhaji Masala – 2 tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1 and half tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro : Finely chopped
1.In a pressure cooker add in cabbage,carrot,beans,potato,cauliflower with some water and salt for 4 whistles.
2. After 4 whistles, mash it all and keep it aside. In a pre heated pan, add in two tsp of oil and 2 tsp of butter.
3. Once the oil and butter become hot, add in grated ginger followed by onion, tomato and capsicum and give it a saute until it all together become soft. Now add in all spice powder one next to other and cook it until the raw smell of spices goes away.Add salt.
4.Then add in mashed veggies , add some water and cook in medium flame for about 10 mins.
5. Now switch off the flame by adding 2 more tsp of butter with some chopped cilantro and steamed peas.
6.Serve the delicious Pav Bhaji for dinner and top it with some finely chopped onions and lemon squeezed .Happy eating 🙂