I don’t think salmon needs an introduction , as we all know it is so healthy. Fish keema is my favorite. I will prepare this at least once in a month since it taste delicious and also healthy 😉 This dish goes well with Roti . But we prefer to have it with ghee Dhosa. I kind of stuff the keema inside the dhosa and serve it at times 😉 but not all the time!! Now let me pen down my version of fish keema.
- Minced Salmon Fish – 1 cup
- Medium size Onion – 2
- Medium size Tomato – 1
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 1 (Finely chopped)
- Chili powder – 1 tsp or more depend on your spice level
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Water -1 cup
- Pepper powder -2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Bay leaf -1
- Clove -2
- Fennel seed -1/2 tsp
- cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Salt – to taste
- Cilantro : Finely chopped
- In a preheated pan, add in 2 tsp of cooking oil,once the oil got heated up add in bay leaf, clove,fennel seed,cinnamon stick.
- Then add in finely chopped onion. cook it till it become soft, then add in freshly made ginger garlic paste and green chili.Cook it until the raw smell goes away.
- Now it is time to add in freshly chopped tomato. Give it a nice saute. Once the tomato become mushy and well mixed with onion and other ingredient add in the spice powders (Chili powder, coriander powder). give it a mix.
- Add salt , turmeric powder. Saute it. Add in 1/2 cup of water and cook it until the raw smell of spice powder goes away.
- Now add in minced fish and give it as stir. If needed add in 1/2 more cup of water so that the fish will be well combined with all spice powder and other ingredient.
- Cook it for 8-10 mins. Then you can see it turns keema consistency. Turn off the flame. Now add in pepper powder, give it a gentle mix. Add some finely chopped cilantro.
- Serve it hot with ghee Dhosa/Roti 🙂 Happy eating!!