The very first Gujarati dish in my blog. So excited to post it. Methi na Gota, A tea time snack. Been there in Gujarat for few days made me to taste few Gujarati dishes. when i tasted Gota for the first time i never know that it will taste delicious. While i have it i was wondering what all magical ingredients goes in and makes this dish most tasty. Finally some how i got to know the recipe from a chef over there 🙂
Let us get started 🙂
1.Fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves) – ½ cup, plucked, washed and chopped roughly
2.Cilantro -1/3 cup(washed and roughly chopped)
3.Besan – 1 cup
4.Rava – 3 tsp
5.Green chili – 1(chopped and crushed)
6.salt – to taste
7.Sugar : 1 tsp
8. Baking powder- 1/2 a tsp
9.Water – to make a smooth batter
10. Oil – To deep fry
11. Chili powder : 1/2 tsp or more depend on your spice level
12. Coriander powder : A pinch
13. Garam masala : A pinch
- In a wide bowl, add in roughly chopped methi , cilantro , green chili, salt,sugar,besan,all spice powder and rava. Add in water and make a smooth paste.(The consistency of the batter should be like onion pakoda considency)
- Now set the batter aside for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, in a frying pan add in oil and wait until the oil gets heated up.
- Once the oil is heated, add a tsp of oil in the batter and add in 1/2 a tsp of baking powder and give it a mix.
- Now drop a medium shaped Gota using hands or spoons in a medium flame 😉
- Fry it until it turns golden brown.
- Serve it hot with onions.