9 out of 10 people loves chicken. There are so many methods to do a chicken curry. The one i am going to share now is traditional curry with freshly crushed pepper,ginger,garlic and with some Indian spices. This curry is made without coconut milk. Let us get started.
Chicken – 7 to 8 pieces
Big Onion – 1 cup finely chopped
Tomato – 1 medium size
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Water – 1 cup
Freshly crushed pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Onion – 1 medium size
Tomato – 1 big size
Ginger – 1/2 inch
Garlic – 4 cloves
Oil – 1/2 tbsp
Bay leaf -1
Cinnamon – 1/4 inch piece
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Clean the chicken with some turmeric powder,salt and set it aside. Grind the items that is listed under GRIND and make a smooth paste.
- In a pressure cooker, add in some oil. Once the oil got heated up add all the ingredient listed below Seasonings. Now add onion and cook it until it become soft and caramelized. Then add in tomato.
- Cook it until the onion and tomato blend together. Now add in the smooth paste we made and cook it until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add in Chilli powder, Coriander powder,salt and turmeric powder. Give it a mix for a couple of mins.
- Then add chicken and a cup of water. Mix it well with the masala, So that the chicken well combine with all the spices.
- Now turn the lid on and pressure cook it for a whistle.
- Once the pressure releases simmer it for 5 to 7 mins, until you get a thick gravy consistency. sprinkle some pepper powder and switch off the flame.
- Garnish it with some crushed cashews(optional).
- Serve it hot with Rice. Happy Eating 🙂