It is common to have moong dal as a side for chapathi or just as it is like a sundal. Today i am going to post how to do dhosa with moon dal. It is a very healthy breakfast dish.
1.A cup of moong dal
2. 2 tsp of raw rice(basmati or Sona Masuri )
3.Medium sized onion : 1
4.Green chili 2 nos (Chopped Finely)
5.Cilantro/Coriander leaves(Chopped finely)
6.Hing : A pinch
7.Salt to taste
- In a bowl, Soak the dal and rice in water for overnight or at least of 6 hours. Now drain the water and using a blender make a fine batter (consistency should be like dhosa batter).
- Then add in needed salt, green chili,hing,onion,cilantro.Give it a gentle mix.
- Now heat a dhosa pan and then take a ladle of this batter and spread it over the pan.
- After one side got cooked up,flip it and cook on the other side.
- Cook in the medium flame.
- Serve it hot with sambar or idli podi 🙂 happy eating