Lemon rice or elumpicha sadam is a easy lunch box or tour packing dish. If you have a cooked rice ready or leftover rice then go ahead do it, It is going to take just 5 mins.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 3-4 cashews
- Some curry leaves, roughly chopped
- A pinch of Asafoetida/Hing
- Ginger, a inch(Finely chopped)
- 1 or 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- Juice extracted from 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp of oil
- In a pre heated pan add in some oil,after oil got heated up add in mustard seeds,once it starts to crackle, add in urad dal,green chili,ginger,curry leaves,hing/asafoetida,turmeric powder,cashews,peanuts and give it a stir for few mins.
- Cook it in low flame so that peanuts,cashews get roasted. Off the gas and add the lemon juice and give it a mix.
- Now in a cooked rice, add in some salt and the lemon mix and give it a gently stir. Serve the lemon rice with potato fry or papad.