This recipe is something which i do all the time like a side for sambar rice or in the evening, a perfect evening snack with tea.
So lets begin,
Onion :1 big onion (Roughly chopped)
Besan Flour : 2 and 1/2 tsp
Rice flour : 1tsp
Chili powder : 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder : a pinch
Hing : a pinch
Cilantro/Coriander leaves : finely chopped
Salt : to taste
Water : to form a thick onion pakoda batter
Oil : To fry the pakoda
- In a bowl add roughly chopped onion, add salt, turmeric powder, hing, besan, rice flour, chili powder and some coriander leaves.
- Adding some water give it a mix using spoon or hand(make sure all the flours and powders coated well with the onion).Keep it aside.
- In a pre-heating pan add some oil to fry the pakoda. You can deep fry or shallow fry the pakoda’s on your preference. Once the oil got heated up add a spoon full pakoda batter.
- Put as many pakoda as fit in the pan. when the pakoras are bit cooked, turn over with a spatula and continue to fry.
- Cook it in a medium flame so that the batter inside cooks well. Fry until it looks crispy and turns golden brown color.
- Serve it hot with tea or as a side dish to sambar rice:) Happy eating