It is a healthy dish, it is prepared using Toor Dal and Spinach as a main ingredient. It doesn’t take much of your time to prepare. Also i didn’t add onion and garlic in this dish. So when you taste it with a hot white rice or chapathi you can feel the dal and spinach blend together and made a magic in your plate.
Here in the photo i did Spinach dal with rice as a main dish and papad,beetroot as a side.First let me explain how to do Spinach dal step by step.
Toor dal : 1 cup (Pressure cook the dal with some salt and turmeric powder until the lentils cooked)
Spinach : Wash it and Chop it finely
Green chili :1 slit it in the middle
Cumin : half a tsp
Ginger : 1 inch chopped finely
Chili powder : half a tsp
Oil/Ghee : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
Hing : a pinch
Salt: To taste
- Pressure cook a cup of dal with 2 cups of water and cook it for 5 mins or more, until the lentils become soft.
- In a medium heated pan, add some oil/ghee, Once it got heated fry the cumin, then put ginger after some minutes add green chili. cook it for few mins.
- Then add the washed and chopped spinach. Cook it until the spinach stop releasing water in a medium flame.Cook it for some 5 mins.
- Then add hing, red chili powder ,turmeric powder, needed salt and cook it for 3 mins until the raw aroma of the spice powder goes away.
- Now add the cooked dal in the pan and mix it. Give it a stir and close the lid and cook it for 5-7 mins.
- That’s it 🙂 YUMMY and HEALTHY spinach dal in your plate.
- Serve it hot with rice or chapathi.