- All purpose flour (Maida) (1 cup)
- Oil (2 table spoon) for preparing dough
- Water (as needed for dough preparation)
- fillings (cabbage,carrot,spring onion) – finely chopped
- pepper (2 table spoon)
- soy sauce (1 table spoon)
- salt (as needed)
- Spring onion
- Garlic pods (optional)
- Add in needed all purpose (Maida) flour, salt and water to prepare the dough in a right consistence. Set it aside for 30 minutes. Then prepare the dough balls and cover it with moist napkin.
- Filling preparation : In a pan add olive oil ,add in 3 finely chopped garlic pods followed by white part of spring onion then start adding the finely chopped vegs one next to other. Saute it well .Sprinkle some water and continue sautaing.
- Then,add in soy sauce and pepper,. mixing it well with vegs. Saute and cook it until the vegs are half cooked. Off the pan, then sprinkle the finely chopped green part of the garnish it with spring onion and keep it aside.
- Make small balls and on a lightly dusted board roll the dough balls into a thin circle of 2-3 inch diameter.Roll it in a such a way that the edges should be thin and the center part should be thick.
- Then apply water using finger tip or brush in the circumference and put 1-2 tsp of veg filling in the center of the roll and start pleating. Join all the pleats in the center
- Then steam cook the momos for 8-10 mins . After 10 mins touch the momos, it should not be sticky,it means momos is ready .If its sticky cook it for 5 more mins. Cook time vary based on the thickness of the dough.
- If the momos is not sticky and look transparent then its ready to eat. Serve it with hot chilli sauce/tangy tomato sauce.Happy eating !!! 🙂
Here is a link to yummly (a food blog) where i had published it with image Veg Momos
Try it and let me know the feedback